Over my time working within the fitness industry, I've watched many people work tirelessly at crunches and other ab movements to achieve the much sought after six-pack. Rather than powering through endless sets of sit-ups, we should be working on cleaning up our diets and being mindful of what we are putting into our bodies as fuel.
Don't get me wrong, having a strong core is important for protecting your body from injury, strengthening various other parts of our bodies and feeling strong. However, to achieve and maintain great core definition, the first step begins in the kitchen. Here are some tips to get you on the right track:
- Eat plenty of protein
- Fuel your body with less carbs and more healthy fats (i.e. avocado, nuts & seeds)
- Ensure you are getting enough fiber
- Include probiotics in your daily regime
- Don't forget to eat your veggies
- Drink more water
- Cut down on liquor consumption
Overall, consistency is key -- to see and keep results you need to do these things on a daily basis!