Our absolute favourite snack to eat is some type of homemade granola bar. I have tried a lot of recipes and we have our favourites.
The following recipe is so extremely healthy - but so delicious! The pan never lasts long in our house.
Granola Bar (adapted from GRAINola Bar in Looney Spoons Cookbook)
- 2 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional - I usually do not add)
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds, pecans or pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (canned or fresh) pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Place a piece of parchment paper in a 9x13 pan. Spread mixture into pan - pushing to corners and flattening out. Bake for 25 minutes.
When cooled lift from pan using parchment paper and cut into desired granola bar sizes.
Super delicious & nutritious!!